The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the City of Oak Forest is accepting applications for the position of full-time firefighter. Testing is being conducted to establish an eligibility list for future hiring needs.
Applications must be received by Wednesday, September 28 at 4 PM.
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Oak Forest FD
200 W. Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
Download the application - non-refundable $35 fee
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. citizen
- Driver’s license: Must possess a valid driver’s license at the time of application with the ability to obtain a Class B Non-CDL License in Illinois, or the equivalent in the state of residence, by end of probation.
- Age requirement: Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by the last date for filing applications (9/21/22). Applicants must be under the age of 35 at the date of testing (10/8/22) and at such time as the final Eligibility List is posted, unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6., which provides, in part, that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a full-time firefighter in a regularly constituted fire department of any municipality or fire protection district located in Illinois.
- Education: Must have proof of high school diploma, GED certificate or high school proficiency statement.
- Certifications and training: MUST be certified or licensed by the state of Illinois as a basic operations firefighter or equivalent (Firefighter 2) by the Illinois State Fire Marshall’s Office at the time of hire and MUST be a certified paramedic at the time of hire.
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character as described in State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.
- Residence: At this time there are no stated requirements for residency declared by the City of Oak Forest.
- Testing: Must be able to successfully complete all phases of testing.
CPAT Card: Must possess a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) certification with ladder climb exercise at the time of conditional offer of employment.
All applications are subject to the rules and regulations of the Oak Forest Board of Fire and Police Commissioners, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.