Did you know it's illegal to dispose of yard waste with regular garbage in the state of Illinois? Yard waste is collected curbside by Homewood Disposal Service on your regular garbage day through November 30.
Here's what you need to know:
- Place yard waste curbside on your garbage day.
- Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, and branches - no dirt or rock, please.
- Branches should be cut into 3- to 4-foot lengths and be no wider than 6 inches in diameter.
- Yard waste must not be mixed with garbage.
- Yard waste can be placed in brown paper bags.
- Or, in a 35-gallon can with a large red “yard waste only” label available from City Hall.
- Or, in a 95-gallon wheeled cart available to rent from Homewood Disposal Service.